- 1 GOURMETmaxx Air Fryer
- 2 Pros
- 3 Cons
- 4 Key Features
- 5 How does it look?
- 6 Customer Feedback from those who own it
- 7 Final thoughts
GOURMETmaxx Air Fryer
Here’s our review of the GOURMETmaxx Air Fryer, model number 02045 complete with an extra large cooking basket. This model has been available on Amazon since early 2016 and although not as popular in sales volume as other brands we’ve reviewed, it does having glowing reviews from those who have purchased it.
You might not have heard of the GOURMETmaxx brand before, but that’s why we’re here – to let you know about the latest brands and models in the healthy air fryer line up. GOURMETmaxx is a German brand and when we checked their website, we found it only to be available in their native language – not a big issue but would have been nice to see an English version of the site. However, don’t let this minor drawback put you off as Amazon’s returns procedure is very good should you need to return your item for any reason.
We’ll be taking a closer look at this powerful, family sized air fryer and telling you what we think about it, good and not so good. As with all of the products we review, this fryer can be found on Amazon UK, often with free Next Day delivery (if you have Prime membership).
So without further delay, let’s jump in and take a look…
- Extra large cooking basket that has a capacity of 5.5 litres. This easily provides enough room for cooking 1.5Kg of chips – perfect if you have a large family with hungry appetites.
- Grill function. Yes, this air fryer has a grill incorporated in it that gives an extra crisp to the food you cook. If you like crispy bacon or fries, this is a neat feature.
- Little fat needed. As with all low fat fryers, the health benefit you get is the minimal amount of cooking oil needed. This model is no different.
- Adjustable temperature control. Unlike most other health fryers, the GOURMETmaxx Air Fryer allows you to vary the temperature to suit the food you’re cooking.
- Integrated timer. There’s a digital timer built in to this model complete with audible sounds when cooking has been completed.
- Powerful 1800w to provide fast and efficient cooking
How does it look?
The GOURMETmaxx has a sleek and stylish gloss black finish to it which will suit most kitchen decors. There’s no viewing window as there is with some other fryer models, such as those from Tefal, but the idea with this type of appliance is that you can set the timer, start it cooking and return to it once your food is cooked. Not everyone has the time or inclination to watch their food being cooked so this really is a minor point.
The device controls are conveniently located on the top of the unit, angled downward slight for ease of use. There’s a number of preset modes for different foods e.g meat, fish etc as well as easy turn knobs for controlling the temperature and setting the timer.
The basket is made from stainless steel and this sits in as non-stick tray which serves to collect oil and fat that has dripping from the food being cooked. Both the basket and tray can be easily removed for washing, either by hand or in the dishwasher should you wish.
What’s included in the box?
In the box you get the following:-
- 1 x 1800w Air Fryer unit with a 1.2M long power lead
- 1 x cooking basket (5.5 litre capacity)
- 1 x pull out drawer with handle
If space is a concern in your kitchen then here are the dimensions of the unit for information:-
Customer Feedback from those who own it
Let’s Answer Any Questions
It’s common to have some questions before deciding to buy so here are ours to some of the most typical questions about the GOURMETmaxx air fryer.
How big is the cooking basket and how much can it hold?
The cooking basket is a 5.5 litre capacity and can hold up to 1.5Kg of food. That should be plenty of chips, chicken nuggets and fish bites for a large family!
Can you bake in the unit? e.g make a cake
Yes indeed! You can view your GOURMETmaxx fryer as a mini conventional oven. You just need to make sure you use a bread/cake tin small enough to fit inside the unit. If you’re looking for small baking tins, click here to find some on Amazon.
Out of all of the feedback we reviewed, there was only one instance of reliability being an issue but that was probably an isolated case. Don’t forget, you are covered by a 12 month warranty and Amazon are very helpful should you have any issues with your purchase.
The GOURMETmaxx air fryer is a stylish and versatile low fat cooking appliance that will change the way you cook. The big advantage, this and other health fryers offer is the instant cooking you get, so no waiting around for your conventional oven to warm up.
Although not as popular as other models, such as Tefal and Breville, the GOURMETmaxx holds its own with an impressive product. We liked this model so much, that we’re adding it straight into our top 10 of recommended air fryers currently available in the UK.