One of the underlying concerns of potential buyers is will the air fryer replace my conventional oven. The answer is no, but you’ll use your conventional oven much less.
If you’re looking at getting an air fryer because you think they’ll save money, then yes, they will probably cost more upfront. However, once you’ve bought one, you won’t have to worry about replacing them every few years as you might when you use a traditional oven. They also don’t take up much space in the kitchen, so that you won’t be sacrificing too much of your kitchen countertop space.
Once you’ve bought an air fryer, cooking chicken wings will never be the same again!
If you’re interested in learning more about why people love their air fryers, here are some benefits:
- Cooking foods quickly without oil or grease. Air fryers cook food faster than other methods like baking or broiling. You can even bake bread with it if you want. You get crispy results that rival those from deep frying. If you haven’t tried fried foods, this could change how you view fast food forever.They make great gifts for family members who enjoy healthy eating. It’s easy to give someone something useful while still giving them something fun.
The best part is there isn’t anything else you need besides the air fryer itself. No pots, pans, utensils, etc., which makes cleaning easier.
There are many different models available on Amazon today. Some come with baskets, others don’t. Many include timers, while others don’t.
- No messy cleanup is required. When you finish cooking, all you have left is a hot pan. Cleanup is simple – just wipe down the surface.
- Great tasting cooking results. With most recipes, you only need to add water to create steam inside the basket. This creates moisture around the food, allowing it to brown nicely.
- Easy to clean (dishwasher-safe parts). All you need is soap and warm water. Rinse the bowl and paddle (if there is one) after each use.
- Low maintenance machine. Most air fryers require very little attention. There may be times when you need to adjust settings, such as temperature control, but these adjustments aren’t difficult to perform.
- Easier to store. Since you don’t need to keep extra equipment on hand, storing your air fryer becomes simpler.
- Cheaper to operate compared to gas/electric ranges. The cost per hour spent operating an electric cooker is typically higher than using an air fryer.
- Portable – can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Doesn’t produce smoke or odours.
- Healthier than deep fat frying / deep fryer.
- Cooks meat and vegetables.
- Cook for the whole family (choose the right capacity)
- Easy to control and use.
- Air-fried foods contain fewer calories.
- Ideal for cooking frozen food.
- Don’t take up too much kitchen space.
Air Frying Drawbacks
However, keep in mind that while air fryers may seem great, they aren’t perfect. Here are some things to consider:
They get very hot during operation, so you must consider safety precautions. You shouldn’t leave children unattended near them. Also, never place items directly onto the heating element. Instead, always use racks or baskets to hold food.
You cannot bake cookies or brownies inside an air fryer since the temperature is too high.
While air fryers are generally considered safe, there are still risks involved. Some of those include:
- Food sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Burned skin
- Cleaning issues
- Safety concerns
Conventional Oven vs Air Fryer
So what makes an air fryer different from a conventional convection Oven? Well, aside from the apparent differences mentioned above, here are some additional advantages and disadvantages of owning either type of appliance:
Advantages of Using An Air Fryer Machine Over A Traditional Oven
1) No Cleanup Required – Since there are no greasy messes, no scrubbing is necessary afterwards. Just wipe off the surface where the food was placed and replace the basket.
2) Quick Cooking Time – You can prepare meals faster. In general, you can expect to finish preparing dinner within 30 minutes. That’s half the time for a similar meal prepared in a conventional oven.
3) Less Space Needed – Because air fryers don’t require a lot of room, they fit easily onto most kitchen counters.
Where to read air fryer reviews
You can read reviews of the latest models of air fryers right here on this site. We’ve reviewed the latest models so you can make the right buying decision for you. Choose the suitable capacity fryer for your needs – one of the most important considerations.
If you’re looking for something new to add to your kitchen arsenal, then perhaps an air fryer might just be right for you! Kick deep frying into touch and start cooking more healthier! However, if you already have one at home, make sure you know how to properly maintain it so that you’ll enjoy its benefits for years to come.